Sometimes there are situations when you need to reset your iPhone. It means returning the original settings and setting up the smartphone as new. Read below for basic ways to do this.
When do you need to reset your iPhone?
To protect products, Apple is increasingly improving the security of manufactured devices. IDs, passwords, control questions, sensory identifiers, and much more are created. But sometimes there is a need to reset the iPhone to factory settings, deleting all data (accounts, photos, videos, music, documents, biometric parameters).
This operation must be performed if:
- you prepare it for sale;
- there is a malfunction of the operating system;
- technical problems;
- loss of smartphone;
- buying someone else’s iPhone.
This procedure is the same for all iPhone models. For example, if you are looking for how to soft reset iPhone 11, there is the following guide:
- The easiest way to reset the iPhone to factory settings is through the device menu.
You must select “Basic” and “Reset”. When the menu opens, you will see 6 options, but we are only interested in two of them:
- “Reset all settings” – when you select this item, you will return to the original settings, while retaining all personal information. This is suitable if you have problems with the software and need to clean the gadget from various debris.
- “Erase content and settings” – if you activate this command, the process of full memory formatting will be started: deleted accounts, phonebook, confirmed Bluetooth connections, photos and videos, music, and other personal information, as well as reset settings.
2. Hard reset
If you just have problems with the software, the device does not turn on or hangs – you can do a hard reset, it’s a hard reset. You should not resort to this procedure often, as it disrupts the software and can cause even more problems than before. Use a hard reset only when necessary:
- In models 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, SE, and earlier – it is necessary to clamp at the same time a combination of two buttons Home and Reset.
- To perform this procedure on models 7, 7 Plus, 8, X, and later – hold down the power button and turn down the volume at the same time.
3. Via Itunes
- To use iTunes, you need to connect your phone to your computer via the lightning connector using a USB cable.
- Unlock the device so that the system detects the iOS version.
- After launching the program, it will ask you to disable the “Find iPhone” feature.
- Go to the menu and disable “Find My iPhone”.
- Now it is enough to start the procedure – “Restore iPhone”.
4. Via third-party applications
If you want to not only cancel all your data but also delete your login password, identification tools (biometrics), unlink accounts from games and social networks, then there are several third-party tools to help you do this.
Tenorshare 4uKey is suitable for rehabilitation of the locked iPhone system bypassing the protective elements from the previous host. This is necessary if you bought a used device and forgot the access code or want to delete your data for the resale of the device. The utility will help to format it correctly and professionally.
First of all, install the software on a personal computer or laptop. The program will completely delete data, statistics, IDs, encrypted, sensory identifiers Face ID, unlock code, and so on, without the possibility of further recovery.